LabGoogle Search - advanced and images
Cybrarians - why waste time in Google?
Getting YouTube videos - keepvid.com, or savevid.com
Rubistar - for some help with rubrics
PhotoStory - PC only (or Animoto on the web)
Editing YouTube videos - blurring faces!
One list of 20 tech skills for educators and many resource links
Bob's Place - SmartBoard
Presentation - Jeremy Ritchot / Kerri Huff / Valdine Anderson - Comments
Important Ideas #15,16 & 17
Meta-Teachnition Part 2 - keep a mental note of the sites that you regularly visit which are not related to your school work or job. This could be by looking at the ones in your Bookmark bar, or the ones that you need to check daily or pretty close to daily, and perhaps, if you have some that you check weekly. Provide a brief explanation of why you choose those sites, and if you are willing list them. Due: Wednesday Oct 24, 2012 in D2L
Food, Inc excerpt
Runaway Train - A short film (and commentary) about how we unthinkingly race to our own destruction: http://bit.ly/aolDpu and http://bit.ly/rcQAXT by Winnipeg animator - Cordell Barker
The Story Of Electronics and Electronics TakeBack Coalition websites present ideas about how to turn the tragedy around, thankfully.
- Asking manufacturers to design and make more recyclable, longer lasting, non-toxic products
- Sponsoring or participating in design competitions (like this one) that encourage sustainable innovation
- When they’re spent, taking electronics to E-Stewards, recyclers that promise not to export them
- Supporting legislation that would curb exports of toxic e-waste, at the moment the U.S. HR 6252
- Buying from companies that take back electronics when they are broken or obsolete, to dispose of them responsibly
Presentation - Josh Bergmann/Phil Cook/Christel Hildebrandt
RWL for Oct. 30
Survey Monkey - free online surveys.
PollEveryWhere - text in surveys