Educational Technology Definition
from Educational Technology (Nov-Dec 2009)
"Educational technology is the study and ethical practice of facilitating learning and improving performance by creating, using, and managing appropriate technological processes and resources."
1) Frameworks for thinking about tech in ed.
2) Metaphors (Lakoff and Johnson) - What are some technology metaphors???
- Argument as war / dance
- Time is money / water
- Conduit communication (ideas are objects transmitted to others)
Tech metaphors - Paul Tuesner's list, David Weinberger
So what are we promoting when we use technology and what do we need to promote to create a 'balanced' education?
Changing information / Changing education
LabCestagi - free professional resume/portfolio builder
Kartoo - a search engine to generate ideas.
Bibme - a better bibliography maker
Phishing (email examples) and hoaxes - Whales, Mankato MN
Resources and sharing
Google SketchUp - free 3D modeling software to download
Tomorrow's news today!! (search Philippine english newspapers)
- how do you tell what's good?
- how can you tell the bias?
- what's news for them?
What can you do in a computer lab?