Wikis - how to and examples - Learning new media “Cool Tools for Schools” and “Getting Tricky with Wikis” .
- show off your students' work
- do group/class projects
- keep class notes
Photostory = free simple slide/movie creation - get some sample images HERE. See the project (gr. 1 - 3 multi-age) here
Assignment Questions ??
Extra lab time - after classes ???
1) Using Technology in Education for:
- Basic Communication (blogs. email, texting and PP - students, parents & teachers)
- Info Gathering (RSS, web sites and advanced search)
- SuProxy-Connection: keep-alive
ect Specific Software - Drill & Practice, simulations, GPS, graphing, labs
- Info Creating (wikis, blogs, web sites)
- Collaboration - wikis, docs, video, audio
- Presentation / Motivation (Hawthorne effect and larger audience)
2) Frameworks for tech in ed - you have to start thinking about the implications of technology
3) McLuhan Overview - roddy99 on YouTube (watch and take notes for next class)
Some non-text resources on Digital Natives:
Digital Natives project by Edutopia
Educause podcasts (mainly higher ed, and you need to pick and choose)
Scotland Project on Games Based Learning