from the RWL (Read/Watch/Listen)
For an overview of some terminology see the Educause collection of 7 Things You Should Know About ... - look through the list and update yourself on one or two!
You chose THREE from the RWL list. With 3 other people share the main points of what you learned.
From the RWL:
- What does technology have to do with democracy?
- What in the world does McLuhan mean? (exam question based on this)
- Is the Internet the epitome of anarchy as Graham defines it?
- How does Barney define fundamentalism?
- Are we losing our social capital or are we gaining with all our various connections?
- Does the Digital Literacy video support Nicholas Carr’s ‘Is Google Making Us Stupid’?
Tech break - 2 minutes
Marshall McLuhan - the medium is the message and the ‘tetrad’
- “We shape our tools and then they shape us.”
“We are always living way ahead of our thinking”
Winston Churchill - “We shape our buildings and then they shape us”
Research of the Future (start at 1:00)
x McLuhan tetrads - open this on your device and with 2 or 3 others try and guess at the answers (before looking) and be ready to try and explain the concept.
x ENHANCE, REVERSE, RETRIEVE, OBSOLESCE
Better searching - Advanced search (or create good starting places on your web page)
RSA Animation - PowToon - a sort of RSA animation thing. This has a learning curve.
Create your own Powtoon (with a partner if you like) summarizing either something in your subject area or what you learned from the RWL discussion. Email me the link to your Powtoon.
6 Strategies to Support Math learning - mainly EY but ...