Bela Fleck and Bass solo
ClassSearchO with Google Chrome
Assignment due dates are - Assign 1 - Jan 24 , Assign 2 - Feb 9
Free workshop for pre-service teachers on animation - Jan 31 at 4:30 - 7:00 F204 Red River (Main Campus). Free supper included. Please register to attend this event by sending an email to Eva Brown email@example.com - registration is free of course.
Marshall McLuhan - The Medium is the Message and the Tetrads (Example 1, Example 2, Example 3, Example 4)
Using Technology in Education for:
- Basic Communication (blogs. email, texting and PP - students, parents & teachers)
- Info Gathering (RSS, web sites and advanced search)
- Subject Specific Software - Drill & Practice, simulations, GPS, graphing, labs
- Info Creating (wikis, blogs, web sites)
- Creation / Collaboration - wikis, docs, video, audio
- Presentation / Motivation (Hawthorne effect and larger audience)
AppsRover Flash - iPad browser?
RWL for 24/25
13 Reasons Why Digital Learning is Better - read this short article and be prepared for the test. How much of this is different?At least TWO of the following and bring your notes:
What You Don't Know Can Hurt You - http://www.sustainable-city.org/intervws/mander.htm
http://fora.tv/2006/11/28/Paradigm_Wars#fullprogram - You can watch just segments of this using the choices listed. It would not play in Firefox for me, but was fine in Chrome.
General videos by Mander - or do your own search
Lakoff and Johnson - Metaphors We Live By - and a summary and Bower's critique
Lakoff video of how this started
Lakoff video - Framing
Neil Postman - Five Things we should Know About Technological Change