ClassImportant Ideas 2 and 3
Thoughts about John Finch and LwICT presentation
x what is he really up to?
Assignments deadlines ???
Is Google Making Us Stupid?
Nicolas Carr – Is Google Making Us Stupid? or Watch some video
We can still read! - Why Digital Doesn't Mean Dumb!
What is a good teacher?
Gladwell - How to Identify a Good Teacher Prospect
What is music education for?
- What are schools for? What is education? Why are you here? What do you hope to accomplish with your music students?
- Write down a short response
- Share with one other person and modify/revise if you wish
- Share with another pair of people
- What do some 'experts' say? Audio excerpt from TVO - The Agenda
How does music education fit in to the overall goals of education?
How many halves of education are there?
The Brain - “Will fast facts do to our brains, what fast food has done to our bodies?” R. Redekopp
Start with this short NY Times article: The Science of Concentration
Then choose one more from among the following and bring your notes to class:
Gary Small - iBrain - text or video choices or audio
Multitasking or Paying Attention: Winnifred Gallagher - the book Rapt, or video (around 30 minutes to find the multitasking stuff)
Your Brain on Technology - audio