ClassWhy will Rennie be gone?
Nov 19 start time - 10:00 - assistive technology speaker - Lori Wiebe (oarc.ca)
Dec 6 presentation, exam?, lunch
Edmodo - sign up and join my course - code 1jb40o
GPS and your camera
Apps I like (you can share too as the course goes on)
- Periodic Table of the Elements
Ways of thinking
- Clip from Food, Inc - Efficiency
- Language and metaphor
- First, that we always pay a price for technology
- Second, that there are always winners and losers.
- Third, that there is a bias embedded in every great technology
- Fourth, technological change is not additive; it is ecological,
- Fifth, technology tends to become mythic
- Personal distance
- Basic information over thought
- Are we any happier?
Mobile LearningCarly Shuler RWL
Upsides of Games
Gary Small and iBrain review
Break - Posterous - take pictures, make comments and email to mlcourse123 at gmail.com
LabVideo and videoish -
Middlespot - web mashups
animoto - video from images
Doink - simple drawing and animation
Glogster - create posters with pictures, movies, etc
Podcasting - iPadio (phone to web)
Getting YouTube videos - keepvid.com, or savevid.com
RWL - Assistive TechnologiesRWL at least two of these for Nov 19 please.
ReadBridging the Gap
Mobile Devices in Special Ed
WatchThe Sound of Learning - Edutopia
Enabling Dreams - Edutopia - search for others
Listenhttp://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/podcast.html Part 3 - about the first 5 minutes
Listen to a special education edition of the Science Podcast. ????
App Lists and Recommendations